Search

Saturday, January 30, 2010

hasta luego, Quito!


For the next week, we are fortunate enough to leave our home for the past week in search of fresh air and biodiversity. The only wildlife in the city is the occasional finch that lands at my feet at breakfast in the hostal wishing for a crumb or two to fall. I am looking forward to leaving the big city and spending time in the cloud forest - much more like home than Quito. We will spend a week in the Intag Cloud Forest, living in a homestay for part of the time and learning how to set up mist nets and light traps for the rest of the time.

3 comments:

  1. Say hello to Cloud 9 for me. ~Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome!!!!!!! that sounds soo cool, maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Maggie, thanks for the descriptive journals. They let me know you are well. I love you much. stay safe and enjoy
    Daddy

    ReplyDelete