Search

Sunday, February 7, 2010

San Pedro Claver

Quito is a city that spans anywhere between 30 and 80km (depending on who you ask) from north to south. Just when I had finally obtained some sense of direction in the busy, traffic-choked streets of La Mariscal (better known to the Quiteños as Gringolandia), I moved to a completely different side of town. San Pedro Claver, a few blocks west of the airport, will be home sweet home until the end of March. I have new street names and bus routes to memorize and a mission to replace my beloved panadería. My new family welcomed me today with open arms and a delicious bowl of ceviche - I think I'm going to like it here.

Happy Superbowl Sunday to all.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Maggie,
    I am glad that you are learning so much and that you are happy at your new place. The saints beat the colts 31-17. Enjoy it all. I love you....Thanks for the updates.

    ReplyDelete